This week on Caitie’s Classroom we learned all about butterflies! Caitie explored in a sensory bin full of colored pasta. Make these colorful pasta pieces at home to create your own sensory bin. Show us your creations on social media using the hashtag #CaitiesClassroom! We’d love to see what you’re creating.
- Smooth textured pasta
- Plastic zipper bags
- White vinegar
- Parchment paper
- Food coloring
- Measuring cups
- Disposable cup
- Measure about 2 cups of desired pasta, add to plastic zipper bag. ?
- Add 1/8 of vinegar to a disposable cup, then add 20-30 drops of food coloring and stir.
- Add mixture to pasta in bag. ?
- Mix well by shaking the bag until pasta is covered in color.
- Add additional food colouring to bag to increase color saturation if desired.
- Spread out on parchment paper to let dry.
- Break up and mix pasta 30 min into drying time to help it from sticking together. ??
- Allow to dry overnight. ??
Visit the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory with Caitie!
Original content ? 2018 Super Simple. Not to be reprinted without express written permission.?Terms of Service.